Pre-service Teacher Education (PSTE)
1. To serve as the nodal branch for the following:
i. Organizing pre-service course for elementary school teachers and to provide academic inputs into such course is the subjects represented in the Branch.
ii. Propagation of learner centered education and education for personality development through training, extension, preparation of suitable teaching aids, action researches etc.
iii. All general matters concerning teaching methodology and specific matters concerning teaching methodology of the school NFE subjects represented in the Branch.
iv. Provision of Psychological Counseling and guidance services to schools and NFE/AE centers of the district.
v. All matters relating to learning by children of Disadvantaged Groups.
vi. Education of children with major handicaps and other mild handicaps.
vii. Education to the Gifted Childrens.
2. To conduct such In-Service programmes whose content relates exclusively or predominately to the subjects represented in the branch, or to its other area of nodal responsibility listed at (ii) – (vii) under 1.
3. To provide inputs into programmes/activities of all other branches of the Institute, to the extent of subjects/areas represented/handled in the Branch.
4. Maintenance of science Lab, Psychology equipment, Resource Room for Education of Disabled children, Rooms for Art education, and equipments and facilities for sports and Physical Education.
5. Promotion and support to co-curricular activities in areas related to the substantive work of branch, e.g. debates and elocution, literature, Science Fairs, Visual and Performing Arts, Sports and Physical Education competitions, Yoga, Hobbies etc