Educational Technology (ET):
1. To develop in collaboration with concerned staff of the DIET and other resource persons, simple, effective and low-cost teaching aids for various subjects/areas relevant to Elementary Education and Elementary Teacher Education –charts, diagrams, models, photographs, slides, audio tapes, play scripts, songs etc.
2. To help the DRU in developing low cost teaching aids as above, for adult and non-formal Education.
3. To maintain the following:
i. All A.V. equipments of the Institute
ii. Computer Lab
iii. A display area for good, low cost teaching aids developed in house as well as elsewhere and,
iv. A library of educational Audio/Video cassettes and, if the Institute has a film projector of films.
4. To lend slides, cassettes and films to institutions having playing/projection facilities, and to borrow them from others Resource Centres.
5. To liase with nearby Radio station for arranging Educational broadcasts suitable for Elementary school children, AE/NFE learners, teachers/instructors of the district.
6. To conduct appropriate In-Service programs for Teachers in the area of ET, with special emphasis on:
i. Effective utilization of Educational broadcasts, telecasts, cassettes and aids, and Development of simple, low cost teaching aids.